[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 4 09:47:15 CST 2011

My absolute last contribution to this thread.

> Namaste Sri Sarma and Sri Vidyasankara

Absolutely not.
> You have got the wrong picture of this discussion thread.
>
> The simple point I have made is forget what Rishis did in the ancient
> times but follow Smrutis like Parashara Smruti meant for Kali Yuga.
> Sri Sriram gave a reference for beef prohibition from this Parashara
> Smruti. The people arguing with me say Sruti Vakya meaning will be the
> same in all Yugas and we have to take the direct meaning. I am saying
> we have to do revision of Sruti Vakya meaning depending on our

Thank you for stating this so clearly and explicitly. It proves that I have
very accurately depicted your views throughout. Now, please go to Sri
Mani Dravid Sastri, or to Swami Raghaveshwara Bharati or to Jagadguru
Sankaracharya Swami at Sringeri, Swami Bharati Tirtha, and ask themif they agree that "we
have to do revision of Sruti Vakya..."
My point is very simple - You cannot have a sliding scale and a moving
point of reference, if you are to have any sort of clarity on anything. In
matters relating to dharma,