[Advaita-l] ADMIN: List moderation (was RE: Gayatri mantra - moderation request)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:45:11 CDT 2011

I was away traveling for a couple of weeks, with minimal access to email and could
not check the list during that time. It is extremely saddening to see the depths to which
some frequent posters on this list are sinking, leading to a very poor quality of discussion
threads on this list.

I would like to reiterate: this list has followed a policy of minimal intervention from
the moderators, so as to allow every list member's voice to be heard, without imposing
our presence actively. I would request every list member to keep in mind the following.
The instant you compose your mail and hit "send", it is mailed out to about 500 people
who subscribe to this list. Only in exceptional cases is the post held back by the list
software and awaits moderator intervention. Every once in a while, we place individual
posters under an active moderation status, whereby every post of theirs is held back
for approval by the moderators. I would like to remind all list members that the onus
of maintaining decorum and civility on the list is on each one of you. Of course, if you
have something useful to contribute to the list, that is great. I salute the silent majority
of the members of this list, for all their patience in putting up with our frequent posters!

Regards,
Vidyasankar