[Advaita-l] Is Isvara paramartika?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Aug 9 07:12:15 CDT 2011

The situation actually is no different from that of the jIva. Just as
jivatvam is mithyA, so is Ishvaratvam. nirvisheSha brahman is the truth of
both jIva and Ishvara and in that sense both jIva and Ishvara (when
understood in terms of their true svarUpa as nirvisheSha brahman) are
satya.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, that is well said, we cannot say sOpAdhika Ishwara is satya in his
real svarUpa but sOpAdhika jeeva is not like that...From the absolute
sense, contextually we have say either both Ishwara & jeeva satya or both
Ishwara & jeeva mithya.  If we want to say Ishwara is satya and he is
sakala kalyANa guNa saMpanna and his aprakrutika shareera is eternal, we
also have to say jeeva,  his upAdhi, his karma, pApa-puNya also have the
parallel eternal reality.  We cannot keep one satya intact and discard
another satya because Ishwara's astitva & satyatva with his upAdhi-s is
required the parallel existence of conditioned jeeva-s with upAdhi-s.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar