[Advaita-l] pUrvajas' karma / pApa & our burden

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Sep 17 01:00:44 CDT 2010

Even after Self-Realization, a Brahma Jnani still goes through his
prarbdha and affects his body.  We have seen that in the case of Ramana
Maharishi.

praNAms Sri Ramesh prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, the point to be noted here is "WE HAVE SEEN" that!!  We the ajnAni-s
cannot think beyond the conditioned compartments like BMI, would think
that even jnAni too has the prArabdha and due to which he suffers but does
not matter for him!!  But what ramaNa himself says on HIS prArabdha you
can read yourself below prabhuji.  This is posted by Sri Sunder Hattangadi
prabhuji in another list...I am just posting the same here for your (and
others) ready reference :

//quote //

Came across this gem recently -

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=3840.0

Topic: Prarabdha for a Jnani

On 2.8.1939, Sri Annamalai Swami himself asked Bhagavan Ramana:

"Bhagavan! You have said that once a person abides in Jnana, he
has no three karmas, Prarabdha, Agami and Sanchita. But Kaivalya
Navaneetam says that even a Jnani has to undergo the effects of
Prarabhda. How is it?"

Bhagavan Ramana replied:

"Since Prarabdha has been declared to a person even before his
attaining Jnana, the onlookers say that a Jnani should also undergo
the effects of Prarabdha. There are several examples given in
scriptures.
1. Like an arrow that had left the bow upon a direction.
The arrow will hit even a cow in place of a tiger, even though the cow
was not at all to be injured.
2. Like an electric fan, which revolvesa few rotations, even after
electric connection is switched off.
3. Theburnt rope also looks like a good rope, but is not useful.
4. Even the trunk of the tree which remains after being cut off,
looks green but will not grow.
5. The roasted seeds look like any other seeds, but will not grow
when planted on the soil.

"The Jnani's Prarabdha is also like these five examples. In Jnani's
look, there is no prarabdha for him, but onlookers observe that he
is experiencing prarabdha."

(Source: Sri Ramana Ninaivugal, Sri Annamalai Swami.
Sri Annamlai Swami Asramam, Palakottu, Tiruvannamalai.)

Regards,

Sunder
// unquote //
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!