[Advaita-l] pUrvajas' karma / pApa & our burden

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 15 01:24:37 CDT 2010

For a vedanti, these concepts wouldn't matter as prarbhda is attributed to
the body and to some extent to the mind.  The mind (identification and
association with thoughts and objects) causes our future destiny.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Just a digression from the main topic, perhaps you might be knowing that
in advaita saMpradAya there is a (very) valid place for the influence of
prArabdha karma even after self-realization!!  prArabdha karma cannot be
eradicated even after the dawn of brahma jnAna...Even a brahma jnAni can
act & do things (sometimes abnormally/strangely ) according to his
'prArabdha janita' set of BMI !! But through his power of jnAna, he
controls it within certain time gap..And this time gap depends on his
prArabdha karma...So, I humbly believe, talking on karma & karma phala &
its influence on various individuals etc. are very much within the scope
of vedAntins.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar