[Advaita-l] Questions on Mayavada

Murali S muralivenkat67 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 03:03:41 CDT 2010

Sri Rajaram Venkatramani does bring some important questions.If a jiva
wants to be in eternal communion or love with God,why should it be
considered a lower value?Honestly,some times I feel Advaitin scholars
get unnecessarily defensive on this score.If someone has intense
devotion to God,that is admirable in itself so long as it is real
devotion.We should leave it at that.Jnanis would not argue on this
account,I think.

On the other hand is there any need to highlight devotion of Gopis to
Sri Krishna or even Sri Krishna Himself as someone 'singular'(Infinite
Apologies to the ALL Merciful Sri Krishna) or insist that the whole
world view of Vedanta,its framework or the quest of all sadhakas is
oriented towards Sri Krishna Alone seems to be a misinterpretation of
the Sampradaya and its seekers or the Quest for Brahman as Truth etc.

As a krishna 'devotee' who prays 'every' night to the Lord to protect
me from my infinite faults,fears and having strong doses of narcissism
and a little of love towards Krishna,my 'take' on Bhakthi and Advaita.

Some forget there are Jnanis lost in Nirvikalpa Samadhi,some who have
intense devotion to Iswara(asLord Shiva,Lord Narasimha) etc.