[Advaita-l] Themyth of strict old days.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Oct 20 03:07:39 CDT 2010

I was only trying to bring out the fact that one potantially gets
distracted
over the trivialities and nitty gritties of 'essentials'.  This itself
becomes a pitfall and hooks the mind on to unnecessary pursuits than
simple
straight bhakti and natural sontaneous state of chitta shuddhi.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

The point needs to be noted here is that there are three category of
people :

(a) People who follow the vidhi-s & nishedha-s as enshrined in the dharma
shAstra-s / scriptures with shraddha & bhakti .  They sincerely believe
that it is their svadharma and needs to be followed at any cost to get the
required chitta shuddhi or whatever the phala is.

(b) People follow the shAstra vidhi-s just to make it a big show in front
of others & they  follow these vidhi-s with an intention to show others
that they are more orthodox & saMpradAyavAdins.  These people normally
would raise an issue for everything when it comes to shAstra vihita
dharmAcharaNa.

(c) People, who donot want to give much care & consideration to their
svadharma, comfortably skip their nitya, naimittikAdi karma-s and would
always resort to 'easy means' to get this chitta shuddhi (mental
purification)...Normally, argument of these people goes like this, see,
any sAdhana or karmA is aimed to get chitta shuddhi, no matter which means
we follow, our ultimate goal is to get chitta shuddhi, that we would get
by following the bhakti, ArAdhana, keertana etc.  They prefer bhajana,
keertana, nAma smaraNa etc. to their svadharma like  sandhyAdhi
anushTAna...These people would comfortably forget the bhagavAn upadesha in
geeta : svadharme nidhanaM shreyaH...

IMO, neither (b) nor (c) would bring  any justice to the injunctions of
our shAstra and dharma ...One is 'show man' another is 'dharma
bhrashta'...Though category  (c) people are good in their intention, it is
a fact that they are finding some alternative 'easy' means to achieve
their goal !!!

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar