[Advaita-l] Questions regarding Adwaita vedanta.

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 10:32:11 CDT 2010

Shree Srikantaji - PraNAms

I thought Vallabhacharya's time is much later - around 15th Century- The following is the statement from Wikipedia under Google search of vallabhacharya. One can, of course, debate the date- but the puurvapaksha for vishiShTaadvaita is mostly advaita not suddha advaita.
Ramanuja's time is around 11-12th Century and Madhavacharya's around 12-13th, if I remember.

Hari Om!

Sadananda

Vallabha Acharya
>From Wikipedia,

Sri Vallabhacharya (1479–1531) was a devotional philosopher, who founded the Pushti sect in India,[1] following the philosophy of Shuddha advaita[2][3] (Pure Non-dualism). Shri Vallabhacharya accepted the 'Acharya' designation of Vishnuswami Sampraday (Rudra Sampraday) upon request of Bilvamangala Acharya, the last Vishnuswami Sampraday acharya before Shri Vallabhacharya. This was after Shri Vallabhacharya won the famous debate of Brahmavad over Shankars. Apart from being the acharya of Vishnuswami Sampradaya, Shri Vallabhacharya also propagated the Pushtimarg upon Bhagavan Shri Krishna's order and thus became the acharya of not only Vishnuswami Sampraday but also Pushti Sampraday.