[Advaita-l] Does Brahman Know?

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 14:01:39 CST 2010

Let me attempt to give a general answer to your comments here.

Liberation is something that you want, but it is not up to you
to dictate what that state of liberation is. Liberation consists
in knowing yourself, your true nature. It is beyond experience,
because your true nature is who you ARE, not what you experience.

It is curious that all the examples that you and your compatriots
give with respect to Ananda relate to food. You may want to move
beyond the level of the annamaya koSa and understand what the
Anandamaya koSa is all about, to really enquire into brahman.

Let me use your idli/flour example in a way that you may hopefully
understand.

You may want to eat the idli and not "want to become" flour.
However, when it is pointed out that you ARE flour, at a basic
level, your saying "I don't want to become flour" is not going
to change anything. If you ARE really flour, your "not wanting
to become" flour is not going to keep you from BEING flour.
Similarly, your "wanting to experience" Ananda without BECOMING
it cannot prevent your true svarUpa from BEING Ananda. It is not
a question of becoming or experiencing at all. It is one of being.

Understand this one fundamental precept well and you can begin to
appreciate advaita vedAnta. Refuse to accept it and you can take
some comfort in a non-advaita path.

Regards,
Vidyasankar