[Advaita-l] jnAna-karma samuccaya

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 22:59:20 CST 2010

subject matter.I am sure that Shankara,the brilliant logician that he
is,has answered all only from the Adwaithic point of view.This must be
kept in mind before studying his bhashyas.That is the greatness of
Shankara.We must also realise that there is no"Jnana-karma samuccaya in
his bhashyas,as some subscribers have suggested
                                                N.Srikanta.

Namaste,

For an ordinary sAdhaka like me the upAsanA marga in which jnAna, karma,
and yoga are beautifully integrated with the thread of bhakti is by far the best
path to adopt. If someone were to argue : .... but in the final analysis there
is only jnAna etc etc ... , to them I would say: Okay. In that case since jnAna
is an integral component of upAsanA marga, I will begin to see the truth of
claims like these when I am ready.

upAsanA marga / bhakti is a well rounded path capable of granting any and every
puruSartha.

hari om,
regards,
Shrinivas