[Advaita-l] Advaita and Caste System

Dr D Bharadwaj dr.d.bharadwaj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 01:15:36 CDT 2010

''And that's racist''

Dear Sri Suresh,

Praveen is right. He is simple and straight..calls a spade a spade, by
boldly acknowledging the Scripture.

That its racist is *your view*. It is not racism..at least need not be so..
What is interesting is that you seem to be absolutely sure that it is
racism, as if it need not even be discussed.

In the first place, there is no race issue here, except a reference to
birth-acquired attributes. Even if we are justified to extend the definition
and  the scope of the term race and read racism there, there is a flaw.

Acknowledging race is not racism. Race bias is racism. Acknowledging caste
is not castesm. Caste bias is. Acknowledging the gender and the gender
attributes is not gender bias.

Where is the bias in what Praveen had truthfully averred?

We need not hasten to repudiate the race and the race attributes out of any
misapprehensions of being called racist.

శ్రీరమణార్పణమస్తు

Dr. D. Bharadwaj
dr.d.bharadwaj at gmail.com

<dr.d.bharadwaj at gmail.com>