[Advaita-l] Sri Shankara Jayanthi - 18th May 2010

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue May 18 15:59:27 CDT 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010, Sunil Bhattacharjya wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> To my knowledge this writer is no more the Vice Chanchellor of that
> University,  Kindly let me know if I am wrong. To my knowledge he is a
> Masxist historian, who along with Prof. Romila Thapar and others believe
> in the Aryan Invasion / Migration Theory.. Kindly let me know if I am
> wrong..

Marxist or no that article would have been an embarrasment for a high
schooler let alone a vice-chancellor.  Basically it boils down to "I know
you think Shankaracharya was a right-winger but don't worry he was really
a left-winger."  These tedious types of people never seem to understand
that perhaps Shankaracharya is important for reasons other than politics.