[Advaita-l] Gayatri Mantra and Sandhyavandana

Shyam shyam_md at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 12:02:57 CDT 2010

Pranams Ramesh
Just to clarify.
You said 1000 times or 100 with 10 times pranayama. Did you mean 1008 and 108 respectively? Also your "vyahrti-s prefixed" - are you referring to the pranavah japah(bhuradi saptavyahrtinam, etc)?

Is th10 pranayamas and the vyahrti mantras not considered standard regardless of the number of gayatri chants?

The only conceesion I am aware of is substituting the 10 pranayamas with three.

There is a much longer penultimate mantra (namah savitre jagadekachakshuse) that I have come across in Vaishnavite versions that may go along with your musing.

Hari OM
Shyam