[Advaita-l] Gayatri Mantra and Sandhyavandana

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Tue May 18 03:32:29 CDT 2010

Dear Ramesh,

The idea of an "Ur-sandhyavandanam" assumes a unanimity among all people on
how to do sandhyAvandanam at some remote point of time, and also assumes it
was recoreded by someone faithfully. This is a Western historical analysis
and the hypothesis is not necessarily sound in the Indian context. Whys is
worship of viShNu post vedic?

Rama