[Advaita-l] A help required regarding some Sanskrit words

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed May 5 04:35:23 CDT 2010

Thank you Senani ji, for the explanation and the opinion on: 'niruktam' as
'well said'.
 When I see the word 'nishkRtya' I recall the word: नैष्कृतिकोऽलसः  of the
Bhagavadgita 18.28 where this means 'someone who is प्रवृत्तिच्छेदनपरः as
per the bhashyam (abruptly drops the work taken up), taamasaH.  In the light
of this, perhaps what you wanted to say is: निष्कृष्य - maybe this will give
the meaning: 'having determined/examined/studied  and said'. निष्कृष्य उक्तं
निरुक्तम् .  Will that be alright?  I could be wrong.
(only when someone suggests, prompts, one tends to think further.  That way
it always helps to consult others, especially in Sanskrit constructions.)

Best regards,
subrahmanian.v
.