[Advaita-l] A Perspective 17-1 (Contradictions & Questions)

Kuntimaddi Sadananda ksadananda108 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 07:45:54 CST 2010

Sunder Rajan - PraNAms

First thanks for your input. Yes the Vedic statement is true. And as you say
there is adhikaara bhedas or differences in the maturity of the saadhaks.

The realization is direct and immediate - as in the story of the 10th man-
that is by the shravaNa only as Shree Sureswara emphasizes in his
Naiskharmya siddhi.

Mananam comes in due to doubts about pramaaNa itself which is mahaavaakya
tat tvam asi based on Vedanta.

There is a difference in jnaana and jnaana niShTa that is abidance in the
jnaana.

That is what has been emphasized in the post.

Currently I am posting the obstacles for the jnaana - based on Gita 4-40.
Lack of shraddhaa is the major obstacles and next comes the doubts about the
pramaaNa itself. I will be posting those soon in the adivataL list.
Depending on the adhikaari, uttama, madhyama and adhama - shravana, manana
and nidhidhyaasana play a role. Nidhidhyaasana is not a means of knowledge
as has been pointed. ShravaNa of the mahaavaakya and shraddhaa on it becomes
a pramaaNa. PramaaNa is the means of knowledge to remover ignorance.

Mananam and nidhidhyaasana are makes what is heard work.

Hope this helps

Hari Om!
Sadananda