[Advaita-l] Fwd: A perspective -20

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 23:20:57 CST 2010

Namaste Narayan Sir,

As it is not mentioned in the Purana about the two brothers' JnAnitvam, we
presume that they were not jnani-s. 'anupalabdhi' pramANam.  Further, read
the story here:

http://moralstories.wordpress.com/2006/08/06/importance-of-vastram/

The conduct such as theirs is not becoming of a Jnani.  The 'before and
after' in my post is subject to the caveat: before their getting the shaapam
and immediately after the shaapa vimochanam.  In other words, the shaapa
vimochanam itself did not confer Atma jNaanam on them.  If there is evidence
to the contrary, it is welcome.  I shall stand corrected.

Om Tat Sat