[Advaita-l] Temples , smArtha-s, vaiShNava-s

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Jun 7 15:35:28 CDT 2010

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:

> I am getting a little sick and tired of Hare Krishnas/Sri Vaishnavas
> (wannabe Sri Vaishnavas?) etc invading our list and wasting everyones time.
> Can we give this a rest?

Uh where is this occuring?  Shri Jai Simman made a very simple point:

>> Don't criticise a person or his view without directly speaking to him about
>> it and asking why he has said this and in what connection.

Which sounds eminently sensible to me.  Wouldn't we want the same courtesy
extended to Advaitins?

Now it has also been said that it is only the view that is being
criticized not the person and this is of course completely legitimate.
Perhaps it is best follow the lead of our shastras and introduce incorrect
views with "some say" or "it is said"  It gives the historian who is
trying to figure out who "some" is a headache but it avoids the problem of
making arguments personal.