[Advaita-l] The Human aspect of Jnanis - 5 (Concluded)

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 02:15:46 CDT 2010

Pranams Sri Subrahmanian:

Thanks for your enlightening post. The state of a self-realized soul is
indeed hard to explain and you have nicely brought out the many problems
associated with it.

I would like to add one more problem, which, I think, has not been covered
by your posts. When a person such as this writes a spiritual treatise - may
it be the Brahma Sutra or the Vivekachoodamani - who is the author of it? Is
it the BMI of the individual? If yes, it will not be Shruti (or revealed
text i.e. work without authorship). If not, then how does one explain why
Sankaracharya writes a Vivekachoodamani which has a different import as
compared to a work by Sri Madhavacharya? This can be also stated differently
as: if both Sankaracharya & Madhavacharya were self-realized souls, why do
they have different views on reality?

Thanks, Mahesh