[Advaita-l] Ego, Mind and Body of a Jnani

Sriram Sharma prahladadasa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 03:04:05 CDT 2010

Namo Narayanaya!

Respected Shri Subrahmanian,

I humbly bow to your scholarliness. However--

> I shall just quote two
> relevant verses from the Panchadashi itself in this regard, that is also
in
> reply to a question/opinion expressed by a member in another thread:
>
> 156. If it were possible to avert the consequences of fructifying Karma,
> Nala, Rama and Yudhisthira would not have suffered the miseries to which
> they were subjected.

That seems to be a straightforward contradiction to what Sarvajnatman,
Ramatirtha, Madhusudana Saraswati, and Nrsimhashrama say in Sanksepa
Sariraka II.182. All of these Acharyas specifically use the word
'play-acting' (nATya/naTana).

Sarvajnatman talks about ignorance of the Jivas in II.181 and specifically
makes an exception to exclude Isvara in II.182

In any case, what prArabdha karma of Rama are we referring to? There does
not seem to be any pramANa for any of that in Valmiki Ramayana/Vishnu
Purana/Bhagavata.

This is also what Sri Appayya Dikshita says in Siddhanta Lesa Sangraha. If
the members of the forum would like, I can include the links from the
Digital Library of India web page to these references (or) transcribe them.

SS