[Advaita-l] Bh.Gita verse 18.73 - Was Arjuna an 'aparoksha Jnani'? - Part 4

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jul 8 07:12:00 CDT 2010

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Dear Sir,

There will be exceptions.   Recently some 14 year boy is doing a post
graduate course. He is a genius. Every 14 year boy is genius? No
probably 0.1% of boys will be like him. 99.9% are ordinary kids. Can
they do post graduate study. they  must study slowly only and reach
post graduate course.

>  smruti, purANAdi texts mentioned is not for the exceptions...this is
prescribed by keeping the brahmaNEtara varNa..

In Kruta yuga and others it was easy.  Now sanyasis only can  get
moksha directly. For others it is indirectly. they must take new janma
to get it.

>  As far as I know there is no hard & fast rule like this in advaita
saMpradAya...For that matter mOksha is not any 'Ashrama adheena' to
emphasize sAnyAsAshrama is the ONLY ashrama where you can get mOksha..

Krishna is God. But Arjuna could not protect those wives after all
Yadavas passed away. Why?

> simply because it was not Arjuna's karma...For that matter Krishna even
in his life time could not stop the yAdavee kalaha & destruction of his
dynasty... is it not??

Gita is not a part of Vedanta but it is a part of Mahabharata. It can
be read by non dvija people and women.

>  but it does not mean that geeta is lacking something and due to which
non-dvija-s would not get mOksha...geeta as a smruti text is self
sufficient to fetch the mOksha to non-dvija-s & strees...ONLY jnAna is
mOksha sAdhana and that jnAna is there in smruti texts for non-dvija-s.

We can compare a  newspaper report on  bio technology and  text book on
the same. The newspaper
report is also good and can lead interested people to text book. But it is
not same as text book study.

>  for non-dvija-s study material is ONLY in digest form  and for them
this digest would suffice to 'pass' in the final examination.

 News paper report is for any body who can read. And people read  news
paper report with all the other news which contains lot of masala like
politics, sports and films.  In Mahabharata also there is filmy masala
like fighting and love stories. The text book for serious students.
They must have  some qualifications. If others read text book they
will not understand.

>  even veda-s too not an exception to this..it too has lot of colourful
stories :-))

In 6th chapter of Gita Krishna says anybody on the right path never
falls down. He will take  janma in brahmin  family and continue on his
path.  This surely happens.

>  no it says he would get birth where it is convenient for him to
continue his sAdhana..Please recheck the verse.

Agreed we want answers to all the questions.

I read one mail where it is said Arjuna is Vishnu.

> even krishna himself says that he is madhyama pAndava..

Regards

-Venkatesh
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar