[Advaita-l] How to begin studying Advaita Vedanta : post 1 of 3

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 09:11:59 CST 2010

One sage has said that there are about 200-250 'essential' terms in Sanskrit which are unique in their meaning and significance to the understanding of Advaita Vedanta and of the shastra from which its philosophy is distilled. (Yes, I wish he'd listed them himself...)

That might be a clue. And not asking too much of the early student !

Michael