[Advaita-l] Conference on that Date of Adi Sankaracharya in October, 2002

Varadaraja Sharma rishyasrunga at rediffmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:00:36 CST 2010

Radhe KrishnaIn a earlier post, Shriman Ravi had raised observation as to how many of us remember our family line clearly for 5+ generations.  True, even those who perform Darsha shradhadigal regularly may be recollecting the names of pithru, pitamaha prabithamahal.  But most of the devotees of Dakshinamnaya Sharada Peetham, i am sure, can recollect the holy names of more than 5 purvacharyals. Jagadgurus - Shri Sachidananda Bharathi Swamigal; Shri Abhinava Sachidananda Bharathi Swamigal, Shri Vrudha Nrusimha Bharathi Swamigal, Shri Sachidananda Shivabhinava Nrusimha Bharathi Swamigal, Shri Chandra Shekara Bharathi Swamigal, Shri Abhinava Vidyatirth Swamigal and Shri Bharathi Tirtha Swamigal.
I am recollecting the names of my purvacharyals after having read the post of shriman sunil.   As he records, In a book published in 1909, it has been alleged that manuscript taken from puja box of acharyal regarding date of adya acharyal has been found.  Jagadguru shri Vrudha Nrusimha Bharathi Swamigal attained mahasamdi in 1879. And I do not wish to even raise a question about the authenticity of this information.It seem to be as authentic as the  brilliantly concocted verse about adya acharyal's date from allegedly discovered jina vijaya.Radhe Krishna