[Advaita-l] Conference on that Date of Adi Sankaracharya in October, 2002

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:37:05 CST 2010

> Dear Vidyasankarji,
> Kindly do not call this pesky and kindly let us know why A.K.Shastri in his "History of Sringeri" opposes the view of the past mathahipati of Sringeri, which to my knowlege is quoted in the "History of Vijayanagara" regarding the calculations of the date of Adi Sankara as related to the king  Vikramarka.
> Regards,

I'm not sure which "History of Vijayanagara" you are referring to here, which past maThAdhipati of Sringeri
that book quotes and what that view was! If you are referring to the book by Henry Heras, that is a highly
outdated book and is highly biased in many ways. Many other publications on Vijayanagara history have
appeared since then, so you need to be more precise in your reference.

Regards,

Vidyasankar