[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 67, Issue 14

raghu raman raghuraman.hari at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:31:23 CST 2010

Namaste

On the birth of Adi Shankaracharya whether on 6th B C or 8 A D My opinion is
like this

Bhagavatpada Adi Shankaracharya the great avatar of lorf Shiva
re-established the incense of the Vedas.

As per the tradition of our Three Amamnya peethams (Dwarka, Puri And
Badrinath) {other than Sringeri). The birth of Adi Shankaracharya is
considered to be during 6th Century B C. Even though historians explain in
either way, it is not meant to live the tradition. Also these three peethams
show the proof and have the tradition with dates of the past
Shankaracharyas. Even though Badari Ashram was not there for many years in
its original place, but the tradition is not left out .

There is no condition that the modifiers should be very near to be the date
of Adi Shankaras. As the Mimamsakas, Vaisheshikas, Sankhyas etc are there
from very long time, they were also modified in the Shankara's Advaita.

It is also to be mentioned here that Bhagavan Adi Shankara did not start or
established any new philosophy, but he re-established th original essence of
the Vedas.

There Kerala king who comes in the in Shankara Digvijaya was ruling during
6th B C.

So I think that Adi Shankaras life span during 6 th B C

--
Narayana smaranam

Raghuraman V
+91-9900867084