[Advaita-l] drushti and satya

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 09:11:28 CST 2010

Can we put the relation between the Vyavaharika Satya and the Paramarthika Satya as follows?
The Vyavaharika Satya is what appears to us when in the Mental plane (or the Manomaya kosha)  the mind interacts with the objects of senses.  At the higher plane of wisom (or the Jnanatmana or the Vijnanamaya kosha) where the mind ceases its activities one becomes more like a sakshi and what was experienced in the mental plane appears as nothing but a series of dreams. When one sees the past births as a series of dreams then one sees the Paramarthika Satya.

Pratibhashika Satya too is a dream-state without the interaction of the mind with the sense-objects.
Any comment?
Regards,
Sunil K. Bhattacharjya