[Advaita-l] APerspective 17-2

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 02:37:16 CST 2010

Bhaskarji,

Not only the identification is lost in sushupthi but also the identifier!
The identifier could neither identify himself nor the aathman that keeps him
support and company in sushupthi.    This is because of avidya the root
cause of all causes.  So being in sushupthi is of no use.

True the jaagrath state is needed and truly in should never end too!  So
what would serve that purpose?  The total abandonment of susupthi, its
complete breakup and destruction.  That can happen only by the Guru vaakya.
I wouldn't even give credit for that (the destruction) to the intellect.

True the Guru says: "THATH THVAM ASI".  That induces one to realize that he
is *NOT* what he was (that he was all along assuming).  *That breaks the
mutual superimposition.*

*Both abandonment and the 'recognition' if any is the role of the jeeva in
vaachyaartham.  Aathman has no such role.  Nothing positive can be said
about it. Any role assigned, anything positive said of the Aathma will only
objectify it.  That would defeat the purpose.*

A clear understanding of mutual superimposition between the body and the
aathma is all that is needed.

Regards,
Anbu