[Advaita-l] Lodging n Sri Guruvayoor

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 21:34:04 CST 2010

Dear Sri Sriram Nagaraj,

There is a BrahmaNa samooham in Guruvayur very close to the Temple.  There
is facility for Brahmins to stay in the samooham and rooms are available for
this.  The rent is Rs.600  per day and three adults can stay in a room.
Facility for snanam and sandhyavandanam is there and even food at the
Brahmana samooham will be available in the afternoon.

You may contact Smt. Ranjini  ( to whom I spoke just now and got the above
details) on her cell no which I shall give you by private email.  The
Brahmana Samooham has an official number:  0487 - 2553499.  I have even told
your name and you may book accommodation in advance.

There is one Sri Muthukutty vadhyar, also staying very close to the Temple
in whose house I had had food in the afternoon during my last visit two
years ago.  After food I paid a sum of money as dakshina although they did
not specify anything.  It is a great service they are doing.  Only thing is
you will have to inform them a little earlier that you are coming for food.
There is no phone connection to his house but you can locate the house
easily: it is almost adjacent to the temple and anyone will guide you to his
house.  However, there is no facility for staying in his house.

So, you can make the best use of the above two facilities.

Wishing you a very happy stay and Darshan,
subrahmanian.v