[Advaita-l] Advaitic Foods

Gopal gopal.gopinath at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 09:29:56 CST 2010

Just on a lighter note:

I have not seen Dharma allowing state food to be eaten by any let alone
females. Even if it does,
as we all pay medical bills ourselves, it would be better to listen to what
medical professionals and food safety people say
about this ;-)

Is it proper to say that Dharma, the Mother of all, allows one type of
humans to be treated less? Would we feed our
mothers with stale food? Would we do naivedyam to Her with stale food? Offer
Her dirty water to  She who is in all Bhutaa-s?
When "striyaas samasthaa sakalaa jagatsu - Women of the world, You are in
them"  is accepted, why would Dharma allow
one part of the equation given stale food and the other side of the equation
offered delicious, freshly made ones?

When chauvinism finds excuses in Dharma or Talmud, only then someone cries
foul and says "religion is the last resort for scoundrels".

-gopal