[Advaita-l] spiritual daily routines of the members

Dr D Bharadwaj dr.d.bharadwaj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 23:09:03 CST 2010

Dear Sri Kuntimaddi Sadananda,

Namaste.

Sir, I am aware that 'as they were used in the original context' they were
not invented ( though I am not sure that they were 'also not discovered',
unless you allude to an activity by that word that I currently do not
associate with, in my mind).  I had *suggested* that these terms could have
been invented, by us, to mean to include concepts that did not exist those
days.

Sir, I wanted to know if 'spiritual' and 'non spiritual' routines existed as
such, in those days, in a well marked, if not as mutually opposed,
dichotomized manner as they are often made out to be these days..

If these 'routines' existed in the Sastras, there ought be terms there
corresponding to the routines without 'our' having to 'invent' some arguably
sufficiently valid sanskrit, terms for these routines.

*My understanding is that,* originally, before we were influenced by
'others', there were no 'spiritual' or non spiritual' components in any
field. There were no 'spiritualists' and 'non spiritualists'. *My
understanding is that,*  we don't need buy into the existence of such a
classification.

Sir, this is my first interaction with you in the Group. I had my share of
experiences here with some easily offended, touchy individuals ready to heap
loads of caustic, sarcasm in response to an attempt academic opposition. I
request you not take offence in any manner and to give me a clarification
that I humbly request for.

శ్రీరమణార్పణమస్తు

Dr. D. Bharadwaj
dr.d.bharadwaj at gmail.com