[Advaita-l] Becoming Hindu - one possible solution?

raghavender ganti rganti9 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 22:36:07 CDT 2010

Sri Gurubhyon Namaha
                                    Dear Mr Krishnamoorthy
                                                 Your saying of Hindu Dharma has
its own defects points out your lack of understanding of the basics of the
dharma, please refrain saying that rather say that thats what your
interpretation or your understanding of the dharma is. It is selfish people like
me and you who have interpreted it as we want it. The varna system has its
mertits and there is a reason why it was designed that way by god. Even purusha
suktha has a reference to which part of the parama purusha is each varna from.
and if you note we pray to the feet of lord and it is from there that the
shudras have come. Each varna is great in it self only when one varna goes into
the activities of others do conflicts arise.

A brahmin is one who is a dwija who contemplates on the brahman, earning only
what is needed for his and his dependants survival for that day, but how many of
us who we call ourselves brahmins by birth have done our nitya karmas without
any prayaschitta and lead our lives as per the shastras waking up at brahmi
muhurta and doing nitya karmas, i doubt even 1% of the people do it now.  Every
one is doing everyones work a brahmin is in the army, in politics, in factories
in business, same with other varnas, so you cant expect the mechanism to work
well when you dont operate it according to the rules of the manual.

Sri Kamakshi
Raghav