[Advaita-l] FW: Avidya, Jnanis and SSS' views

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 15:16:27 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> If my memory serves me right ( I dont have that mail now in my mail box,
> had to delete mails due to storing limits ), that time you had said it is
> ANOTHER view of sarvajnAtma muni..again, you had quoted madhusUdana
> saraswati's clarification in this regard.  Another view implies that there
> are atleast two views with regard to this avidyAlesha from sarvajnAtma
> muni..Since there are  two different point of views advocated by
> sarvajnAtman,  either you have to conclude his work has self contradictory
> statements OR both views are acceptable from different standpoints.  In
> any case, it is quite obvious that  at one place sarvajnAtman clearly says
> avidyAlesha cannot be there in a realized soul and I dont know from which
> stand point he is talking about 'avidyaleshalessness' in a jnAni and
> siddhAnta kalpavalli too gives this quote in the chapter on avidyA
> lesha...

Bhaskar,

Please read http://article.gmane.org/gmane.culture.religion.advaita/6359
- presentation  there is  clear. We have two archives and both are
searchable. You can use gmane archive even to post and it also
provides blog like interface.

Standpoint 1: eka jiva vaada

1a. Only sadyomukti
1b. No jivanamukti