[Advaita-l] "adhikarins" and the continuation of the body after jnana

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Apr 16 04:24:02 CDT 2010

ShankarAchArya disagrees.  GYAna does result in mokSha in all cases but
certain beings have been deputed by Ishvara to perform certain acts for
the
welfare of the universe.  (E.g. kR^iShNa dvaipAyana muni wrote the
mahAbhArata including the gItA and the 18 purANas, etc.)  Until this karma

is fulfilled, they will continue to remain embodied despite being GYAnis.
Note this is different from karma that they themselves did before becoming

enlightened.

My question for those currently debating (and of course anyone else who
would like to venture an opinion) is what is your take on this sUtra?
Does it  make you want to change your opinions in any way?

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vyas prabhuji
Hare Krishna

IMO, if we go by vAchyArtha of this sUtra commentary, we have to conclude
that jeeva & Ishwa