[Advaita-l] Avidya - Part 4

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 00:47:37 CDT 2010

Namaste Shyam ji,

Thanks for a very informative reproductive analysis of the selected passages
from the Acharya's BSB.  I am pleasantly surprised by this observation of
yours:

// Herein we find Adi Shankara clearly delineating for us the two Orders of
Reality. One is the independent Real - svantantra - paramarthika Satyam -
Narayana as ParaBrahman. The other is the dependent Reality or mithya which
is vyavaharika satyam, and the latter of course borrows its satta from or
has its abode on the former. //

An article written over a year ago on a very similar theme is being
presented here, in this forum, in a separate thread titled - 'A VichAra on
Swatantra and Paratantra'.

Best regards,
subbu