[Advaita-l] On heart cakra

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 14:44:21 CDT 2010

Namaste,

Let us briefly go over the concept of a (shakti) cakra here.

We know that "yoga is citta vRtti nirodha". Through self study
one can verify the validity of the following claim : "a class of
citta vRtti-s tend to create an increased awareness in a specific
part of our body - both at physical and non-physical levels".
This is a cakra in the prANamaya body. However, every cakra in the
prANamaya body ALSO has some manifestation in the physical body.

When we read texts which say "ahamkAra is located in heart that
is in the middle / right side of chest", we have to take it to be a
description of a cakra and interpret it on lines described above.
It is not necessary for "heart cakra" to correspond physically (in
the sense mentioned above) to the physical heart.

Regards,
Shrinivas