[Advaita-l] Fw: Re: waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 06:07:20 CDT 2009

Sunil

I would agree that all this is taken care of by the guru-shishya parampara :

A young sudra presents himself to the guru and says 'Please, I want to know
more of Brahman'.. or 'What is that, which being known, all things are known
?'

And the guru takes stock of him, and probably says something like 'You must
fulfil your duties as a sudra; but if you wish to know more, then you must
rise early and study late at night, and do this, and this, and this...'

And then the guru sees how his student gets on..

As you have all said, 'the exception proves the rule' -- which is a very
profound statement !

Michael