[Advaita-l] Rebirth

Vishy vishy1962 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 07:46:12 CDT 2009

Dear Anbuji

Pranams and Thanks a lot for such a wonderful and lucid explanations.

Everything thing in what you said is clear, but what I didnt understand all that well is difference between shookshma and karana sareras.

I am under impression that manas (mind) is made of three elements, Ahamkara(ego) , Chitta (record of experiences that ego experienced) and buddhi (purely logical unit). Hence basically all the other two elements are also closely linked to Ego only. If so, what is karana sareera?

Now comming to  Ego, this is  also a mere thought that was seeded at ver very initial stages of our life. First by parents, later it was strenthened by relatives , friends and society at large. Then everything is built arround this thought. So when you say this is karana sareera that was fine, but
as a thought it also is part of shookshma sareea (mind) only, isnt it?

"The entire universe as you see churning itself as a huge machine is due to a
mahat ahamkara which we call as Easwara.  The universe is thus his body.  He
is Jagannathan.  He protects his own body as Jagat Rakshakan.  He is the
macrocosm."
yes sir, this is quite logical extension of microcosm. But as we can see " i" as an illusiory thought at micro level  Eswara aslo a bugger illusion at macro level, at least I think so. The movement small 'i' dissappears the big "I" also has to disappear ....Isnt it??

But than whats left?? pure Consciousness alone we call it 'Brahman' or  is it 'shoonya' as buddhists say!!!

Finally
" Thus you cannot say all on a sudden: "I declare that I am not the manas and
from tomorrow onwards I am going to behave as if I do not have the manas."
Such is not in the realm of possibility."

Going a step further.....
certainly one cant declare to anyone thatt from tomorrow I willbe without manas.
If it happens it happens right at this movement and not tomorrow and than there would be none to declare that ' I have reached home. But I feel it can happen to anyone at anytime by flash or it may not happen to one despite years of sadhana and search.

Such person can only be Jeevanmuktha or a person who is aware of all this illusion can still continue to play his role in the drama of life ... a karma yogi??

Pranams once agian

Just tried to express what all came to this mind, please bear with me and pardon me if I have crossed limits anywhere

Vishy