[Advaita-l] waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 05:16:05 CDT 2009

Nmaste Shrinivas,

Thank you for that response. It brings me back to my original question, as
to how much the states of consciousness are mutually supportive.

I'm sure you are right. If we take Kabir or Tagore -- aren't they creating
'visions of truth' from all these states -- perhaps one could say from
turiya itself ?

And doesn't fine literature appeal to the same state in the reader as thge
writer ?

In which case, can we say that fine literature brings these states together
usefully, in ourselves as we read ? Common sense says it does ?

Plato seems to have had the same problem in the European tradition : how to
relate poetry to philosophy !

Michael