[Advaita-l] waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:17:01 CDT 2009

Hari Om, Michaelji,

Thanks for that. I'm trying to find whether 'dream' or taijasa can be
> redefined legitimately as 'mental actiivity' and thus incorporate not only
> nightly 'dreaming' and envisioning, but also the envisioning of poets and
> writers -- and by extension...

Sidelining the "extension"; no offence meant by sidelining, or taken by your
extending poetry envisioning to itihAsa. :) I've not been able to find the
article from Vedanta Kesari I mentioned earlier on. But for what its worth,
I remember the author saying that brain moves from one avasthAtraya state/
wavelength-range to the other every n minutes. Of course, I forget what n
was now, but he had concluded that even during the day, when the brain gets
into dream state, a person may be seen to stare long into the distance,
albeit unknowingly, while not really being into what is happening in the
present!

Ta,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */