[Advaita-l] Advaita vedanta or not? (was RE: waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 16 14:23:58 CDT 2009

> However, what makes Advaita Vedanta a purna vidya is its uncompromising
> value for Jnana, which is the ONLY MEANS to mukti. And I know that both of

That is not the real issue here, is it? The zeal with which one proclaims jnAna

as the only means to mukti needs to be tempered with the recognition that

there are numerous aids to the process of removing ajnAna.

The bhAshyas on the prasthAna trayI are chockful of references to such means-

darSanopAya, jnAna-pratipatti-hetu, jnAna-sahakAri-kAraNatva etc. I see no

acknowledgement of these citations from those who seem to be uncompromising

in their championing of jnAna!

Regards,

Vidyasankar