[Advaita-l] Sankara on sannyAsa for Steadiness in GYAna (was Re: Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 5)

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:45:25 CDT 2009

Bhaskarji,

Even though there are multiple paths for mOksha they are not an option for
each jeeva to choose.  Each jeeva has only one path destined for him.  Vyasa
has unequivocally declared this.  Thus a Brahmana who does not pursue gnana
maarga will have to be born again to pursue it.  He will not get moksha by
other means but they will gain him a Guru in his next birth.