[Advaita-l] Disccussion on Free-will

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:19:49 CDT 2009

Pranams Sadananda-ji!

I am in agreement with your position that a Master answers an individual's
questions are based on the individual's spiritual development. It is fairly
well know that the Buddha, on being asked if God existed, by two different
persons, replied Yes to the first and No to the second.

However, that does not mean that I abandon my position, the reason for which
is given in another thread. And on a less important note, one does not know
how advanced the below disciple was & so one can't discount the answer
completely.

I would like to pose one more question to you which may appear to veer away
from the original topic but then maybe not: You write:

>> I am never a doer or enjoyer.

In the case of a self-realized person, who is the doer? When I see him or
her act in the world  - who is it who walks, talks, sleeps, laughs? Who is
that who answers the question put by the disciple?

Thanks, Mahesh