[Advaita-l] How to control the mind (without meditation)?

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 10 11:35:13 CDT 2009

Dear Suresh

I see what you are saying. For attaining the grace of the devata we may have to do several things like control of mind etc.

Well, the whole purpose of worshipping a devata is that you get all guidance from that devata. A guru may ask you to do farming, take care of his cattle and so on, and discipline your mind. So you shoulnd't really need anything "else". Other items like farm, cattle, mind control, pranayama, etc will appear/happen incidentally while you do your worship of devata, so they are all secondary.

If you insist on bringing more entities like mind, you are asking for a three or more element model. The relationship between you, devata and mind will have its own dynamics. Please refer to the scripture which prescribed the worship and bring up any specific questions if you see any.

Regards

Bhadraiah