[Advaita-l] FW: How to control the mind (without meditation)?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 23:03:20 CST 2009

Dear Vidyasankarji,

Even in Yoga we have the Vivekakhyati. We have to look at the things deeper. Like your  example of wood Lord Buddha gave  a beautiful example. It is, though not exactly verbatim, like this. He took a fallen leaf and said this leaf needed sunlight for its growth. The leaf needed water that came from the rain provided by the clouds, which in turn needed the Sun's energy for evaporation of water. It is nourished by the soil etc. This shows that the leaf does not have a separate independent existence of its own. In this world nothing is separate and independent and everything is linked with each other. This is one way one can see the oneness in all.

Regards,

Sunil K.  Bhattacharjya