[Advaita-l] Sankhya & Yoga

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:12:47 CDT 2009

Dear Michael,

The mystics, druids and alchemists were serious inquirers. Even among pre-Abrahamic traditions there used to be some diversity of thought which is preserved by Jews to this date.

Paramacharya of Kanchi used to speculate about occurance of names like Lopamudrova in Russia, indicating previous influence of Rishis in Northern Asia and Europe. Yes, your quest has its original cause.

The rishis did a lot  of advanced research about self  and left it for us in the form of vedas. The fact that we understand less than 1% of it today implies these events happened thousands of years ago. Who knows what was the topography and political history of the world then? We should keep an open mind instead of straight-jacketing into fancy models designed to further our narrow self interests.

We also had fights between Vashishtha and Vishwamitra which represent the tussle between establishment and innovation, but it is very subtle, with majority of the subject agreed to by every one.

The current Abrahamic-colonial-academic nexus is all about maintaining dominance and authority through force and deception at the expense of sincere quest, reasoning and experience.

Regards

Bhadraiah