[Advaita-l] vanaprastha in community

Dr. Yadu Moharir ymoharir at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 07:57:12 CDT 2009

Namaste Michael-Ji:

Thanks for kind words.

I think you have gathered the real essence, the "puruShaa" of the term "vaanaprasta" and are appear to be using it in your life.

The purpose of specifically mentioning "living off cultivated land" clearly suggests to me that my ancestors wanted to remain useful to the society for the maximum period.  Often the term vaanaprasta people just interpret as living in the forest does not appeal to me.

Kind regards,

Dr. Yadu