[Advaita-l] Karma phalam

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Sat Jul 25 15:50:39 CDT 2009

Dear members
Karma is one which can not be avoided by a jeeva.It always gives its phala-both good and bad as per our scales.Our scriptures therefore advocate bear your karma phala silently till it gets exhausted and avoid doing karmas which bind you further.This is possible if the karmas -whtevermay be the type-kamya,nithya,nymithika,nishkamya-are done for their sake with the attitude of -I am not the doer-that is egoless-.I think that the attitude with which we do our acts counts.As for us the duty or the expectation of the society at large is to express their solidarity with the sufferer to alleviate the sufferings as grief shared is grief halved.In Hindu way of life one is ordained to participate more in grief situations than in happy situations.R.Krishnamoorthy.