[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trvrtkarana (Analysis)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 22:21:19 CDT 2009

> Sankara's special reference to 'Samana Nyaya' admits only inclusive
> relations between Trvrtkarana and Pancikarana. Hence I avoided options you

Again, I beg to differ. The chAndogya bhAshya reference to samAna nyAya admits only a parallel relationship, not inclusive and not exclusive ones between trivRtkaraNa and pancIkaraNa.

To explain this in detail will require quite some discussion, so I will postpone that till the weekend.

Regards,

Vidyasankar