[Advaita-l] Gayatri?

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jul 18 04:21:51 CDT 2009

Stephen,

I hope you find a teacher of meditation in the Hindu tradition, if you
haven't already.

Eckhart Tolle's 'The Power of Now' is of the very essence of Advaita as
non-duality, and can be relied on. Dennis Waite's study and scholarship is
becoming more profound.

But meditation is recommended by all the Hindu sages today as mankind's
prime and sure support in this difficult (but challenging, by the Lord's
will and grace..) age.

'Mantra' does not mean some dualistic magic voucher to receive favours from
a god; its prime meaning is 'that which protects the mind' -- not the
meditator, but the mind of the meditator.. not quite the same !

And because of that protection of mind, which we all need, you will find
that the whole of Advaita-Vedanta opens up its truths to you.

I can promise you a rich life, through what meditation reveals; you will
even see your despair at the world and in your illusory 'self' as blessings
sent to strengthen your resolve...

(Indeed, these days, the descent to a hell of mankind's own devising seems
to be the routine 'American Way', as proved by many 'New Age' teachers of
'Advaita' or non-dualism !)

Best wishes,
Michael