[Advaita-l] How to control the mind (without meditation)?

Dr D Bharadwaj drdbharadwaj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:10:23 CST 2009

Sri Suresh,

If you keep meditation out as a personal choice, there are a few things that
can still help.

Breath watching is excellent for calming down the mind, at least ,for the a
period of time, temporarily. Sustained practice gives long standing results.
This is for sure. Simple, uncomplicated prANAyAm also helps. Of course, if
you can find a good person to train you, there are spicific prANAyAm
procedures that can help.

Yashtimadhu chooran taken daily with small and unequal quantities of honey
and ghee for sone time also calms a mind runnig riot. Regular Abhynaga with
Dhanvantara Tail also helps.

Taking foods rich in lecithin, zinc and Vit. B Complex also contributes.

sarvE bhavanthu sukhinah
sarvE santhu niraamayaah
sarve bhadrANi pasyanthu
maa kaschit duhkhabhAg bhavEt.